
Other names: Cabo de Sto. Agostinho, Santo Agostinho do Cabo
The Freguesia of Cabo de Santo Agostinho was founded in September 1662 and was located on the south bank of the Pirapama, a good 30 km south of the later provincial capital of Recife. The place was declared a villa in November 1811, but was demoted to the Freguesia of Recife in March 1846 and only regained its political autonomy in July 1877, now as the town of Santo Agostinho do Cabo. Around 1910, the original place name Cabo de Santo Agostinho returned.
Again, two foundation dates for the local post office were found. Once in March 1829, as Nova Monteiro writes in Administrações e Agencias Postaes do Brasil Imperio (Brasil Filatelico/RJ, 1934-5; reprint SPP 1994-1999). In January 1851, the agency was closed, as registered by Aureo G. Santos (Agências de Correio Criadas e Suprimidas 1851, 1855, 1856 e 1857, in Brasil Filatélico 181, Rio de Janeiro, 1977):

The post office reopened in September 1854, as reported in the regional press:

The oldest postmark so far is the French type CPE-0145c (Coll. Marco Morel), which was already seen with internal data from about 1884 until around 1887. It was followed by the somewhat larger double circle CPE-0145d (Coll. Luís C. Fritzen), which shows only CABO at the top and whose only copy bears a date of 1891 in the centre.

Andere Namen: Cabo de Sto. Agostinho, Santo Agostinho do Cabo
Die Freguesia von Cabo de Santo Agostinho wurde im September 1662 gegründet und lag am Südufer des Pirapama, gut 30 km südlich der späteren Provinzhauptstadt Recife. Der Ort wurde im November 1811 zur Villa erklärt, im März 1846 jedoch zur Freguesia von Recife degradiert und erhielt erst im Juli 1877 seine politische Autonomie zurück, nun als Stadt Santo Agostinho do Cabo. Um 1910 kehrte der ursprüngliche Ortsname Cabo de Santo Agostinho zurück.
Auch hier wurden zwei Gründungsdaten für das örtliche Postamt gefunden. Einmal im März 1829, wie Nova Monteiro in Administrações e Agencias Postaes do Brasil Imperio (Brasil Filatelico/RJ, 1934-5; Nachdruck SPP 1994-1999) schreibt. Im Januar 1851 wurde die Agentur geschlossen, wie Aureo G. Santos (Agências de Correio Criadas e Suprimidas 1851, 1855, 1856 e 1857, in Brasil Filatélico 181, Rio de Janeiro, 1977) registrierte:

Dann eröffnete das Postamt wieder im September 1854, wie die regionale Presse berichtete:

Der bisher älteste Poststempel ist der französische Typ CPE-0145c (Samml. Marco Morel), der schon von ca. 1884 bis um 1887 mit inneren Daten zu sehen war. Ihm folgte der etwas größere Doppelkreis CPE-0145d (Samml. Luís C. Fritzen), der oben nur CABO zeigt und dessen einziges Exemplar ein Datum von 1891 in der Mitte trägt.