
Other names: Santa Fé de Minas (1962)
This is a rare case of a settlement whose Catholic patronage has been changed several times. The settlement was originally called Santa Fé, belonged to the Vila of S. Romão and was located on the west bank of the river of the same name (a tributary of the Paracatu, which in turn flows into the São Francisco), 570 km north of the provincial capital Ouro Preto. In January 1875, it was elevated to a freguesia under the name Sant’Anna do Capão Redondo, which was incorporated into the newly created Município São Francisco in November 1877. In October 1881, the freguesia was renamed N. Sra. da Conceição do Capão Redondo, and under this name it was incorporated as a district into the reestablished Município S. Romão in September 1923. This district was given the (original) name of Santa Fé again in December 1962 and became the independent Município Santa Fé de Minas barely three months later.
The local post office was founded in August 1881, according to consistent sources. Two imperial postmarks were found. CMG-0540a (fig. Corinphila Auctions) is probably the oldest:

The philatelist Fuad Ferreira Fo. also has the seal cancel CMG-0540b in his collection:


Andere Namen: Santa Fé de Minas (1962)
Hier handelt es sich um den seltenen Fall einer Ortschaft, deren katholischen Patrozinium mehrmals geändert wurde. Die Siedlung hieß ursprünglich Santa Fé, gehörte zur Vila von S. Romão und lag am Westufer des gleichnamigen Flusses (ein Nebenfluss des Paracatu, der wiederum in den São Francisco mündet), 570 km nördlich der Provinzhauptstadt Ouro Preto. Im Januar 1875 wurde sie zur Freguesia unter dem Namen Sant’Anna do Capão Redondo erhoben, die im November 1877 in das neu gegründete Município São Francisco eingegliedert wurde. Im Oktober 1881 wurde die Freguesia in N. Sra. da Conceição do Capão Redondo umbenannt, und unter diesem Namen wurde sie im September 1923 als Distrikt in das neu gegründete Município S. Romão eingegliedert. Dieser Distrikt erhielt im Dezember 1962 wieder den (ursprünglichen) Namen Santa Fé und wurde knapp drei Monate später zum eigenständigen Município Santa Fé de Minas.
Das örtliche Postamt wurde nach übereinstimmenden Quellen im August 1881 gegründet. Es wurden zwei kaiserliche Poststempel gefunden. CMG-0540a (Abb. Corinphila Auktionen) ist wahrscheinlich der älteste:

Der Philatelist Fuad Ferreira Fo. hat auch den Siegelstempel CMG-0540b in seiner Sammlung:
