
Text update of March 1, 2024
Other names: Simplício
Conceição station was opened in August 1871 by the railway company E.F. D. Pedro II (Porto Novo – Branch) on the north bank of the Paraíba do Sul around Vila de S. José d’Além Paraíba, 320 km south of the provincial capital Ouro Preto. The railway line went to E.F. Central do Brasil in 1890, to E.F. Leopoldina in 1965 and belonged to Rede Ferroviária Federal S.A. from 1975 to 1997 (estacoesferroviarias.com.br). Today, the tracks are still there and the station building serves as a restaurant.


After the turn of the century, the station was named Simplício, after Simplicio José Ferreira da Fonseca, a landowner in the region. The station post office was opened in July 1871, according to Paula Sobrinho (História Postal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, 1997). The oldest postmark here to date is CMG-0780a, which was already illustrated by Paulo Ayres (Catálogo de Carimbos Brasil-Império, S. Paulo, 1937, 1942):

It was followed by CMG-0780b (ill. Luiz Claudio Fritzen)

In the meantime, a mute postmark (fig. Alexandre Andrade) from this station post office has also been found:


Textaktualisierung am 1. März 2024
Andere Namen: Simplício
Der Bahnhof Conceição wurde im August 1871 von der Eisenbahngesellschaft E.F. D. Pedro II (Porto Novo – Abzweig) eröffnet und lag am Nordufer des Paraíba do Sul im Gebiet der Vila de S. José d’Além Paraíba, 320 km südlich der Provinzhauptstadt Ouro Preto. Die Bahnlinie ging 1890 an die E.F. Central do Brasil, 1965 an die E.F. Leopoldina und gehörte von 1975 bis 1997 der Rede Ferroviária Federal S.A. (estacoesferroviarias.com.br). Heute sind die Gleise noch vorhanden, das Bahnhofsgebäude dient als Restaurant.


Nach der Jahrhundertwende erhielt der Bahnhof den Namen Simplício, nach Simplicio José Ferreira da Fonseca, einem Großgrundbesitzer der Region. Das Bahnhofspostamt wurde im Juli 1871 eröffnet, wie Paula Sobrinho (História Postal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, 1997) schreibt. Der bisher älteste Poststempel hier ist CMG-0780a, der bereits von Paulo Ayres (Catálogo de Carimbos Brasil-Império, S. Paulo, 1937, 1942) abgebildet wurde:

Er wurde von CMG-0780b gefolgt ((Abb. Luiz Claudio Fritzen):

Inzwischen wurde auch ein stummer Stempel (Abb. Alexandre Andrade) von diesem Bahnhofspostamt gefunden:
