
The village was named after a nearby sugar factory in the Vila de Itambé and was located 100 kilometres northwest of the provincial capital Recife. In April 1879, it became the Freguesia de N. Sa. do Rosário de Cruangy, which now belonged to the Vila de Timbaúba. It has remained so to this day.
The list of imperial post offices (Tabella das Agencias do Correio do Imperio, Rio de Janeiro, 1885) shows that there had been a post office there since 1873. However, it was only opened in January 1877, as can be seen from the regional press:

The oldest postmark to date is CPE-0220a (Fig. Jorge Pedreira):


Der Ort wurde nach einer nahe gelegenen Zuckerfabrik in der Vila de Itambé benannt und lag 100 km nordwestlich der Provinzhauptstadt Recife. Im April 1879 wurde es zur Freguesia de N. Sa. do Rosário de Cruangy, die nun zur Vila de Timbaúba gehörte. So ist es bis heute geblieben.
Aus dem Verzeichnis der kaiserlichen Postämter (Tabella das Agencias do Correio do Imperio, Rio de Janeiro, 1885) geht hervor, dass es dort seit 1873 ein Postamt gab. Es wurde jedoch erst im Januar 1877 eröffnet, wie aus der regionalen Presse hervorgeht:

Der bisher älteste Poststempel ist CPE-0220a (Abb. Jorge Pedreira):
