
Other names: Ibiraci (1923)
The Freguesia de N. Sra. das Dores do Aterrado was founded in June 1850 and belonged to the Vila de Jacuí, 530 kilometres west of the provincial capital Ouro Preto. In September 1870 it was incorporated into the newly founded Vila S. Sebastião do Paraíso and twenty years later into the Vila de Sta. Rita de Cássia. In September 1923 it was elevated to the Município de Ibiraci, which became a town two years later. The name is of Indian origin and means mother of trees.
As Paula Sobrinho (História Postal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, 1997) and R. Koester (Carimbologia XVI) write, there has been a post office there since September 1883. This is confirmed by the press in Rio:

The only imperial postmark to date is DMG-1055a (fig. R. Koester, op. cit.):


Andere Namen: Ibiraci (1923)
Die Freguesia de N. Sra. das Dores do Aterrado wurde im Juni 1850 gegründet und gehörte zur Vila de Jacuí, 530 km westlich der Provinzhauptstadt Ouro Preto. Im September 1870 kam es zur neu gegründeten Vila S. Sebastião do Paraíso und zwanzig Jahre später zur Vila de Sta. Rita de Cássia. Im September 1923 erfolgte die Erhebung zum Município de Ibiraci, das zwei Jahre später zur Stadt wurde. Der Name ist indianischen Ursprungs und bedeutet Mutter der Bäume.
Wie Paula Sobrinho (História Postal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, 1997) und R. Koester (Carimbologia XVI) schreiben, gab es dort seit September 1883 ein Postamt. Dies wird von der Presse in Rio bestätigt:

Der bisher einzige kaiserliche Poststempel ist DMG-1055a (Abb. R. Koester, op. cit.):
