Categories
Carimbologia Q-R

Riachão de Jacuípe, Bahia, (RBA-0590)

Carta da República dos Estados Unidos do Brasil, 1892

Riachão do Jacuípe is a town of some 35 thousand inhabitants on the Jacuípe River about 200 km northwest of Salvador da Bahia. It was the parish of Nossa Senhora da Conceição do Riachão de Jacuípe (founded 1847), that became a Vila in 1878. According to the Bahia Provisory Government Report for 1881, a post office had been recently created at that time:

Relatório dos Trabalhos do Conselho Interino do Governo da Bahia, 1881

RBA-0590a (Coll. José A. Junges) is the only imperial cancel found to date: a double circle with the inscription RIACHÃO DE JACUIPE above and the date in the inner circle. A single copy found for 1890.

Wikimedia – Open Street Map

Riachão do Jacuípe ist eine kleine Stadt mit ca. 35 tausend Einwohnern am Fluss Jacuípe etwa 200 km nordwestlich der Landeshauptstadt Salvador da Bahia. Sie war früher die Pfarrei Nossa Senhora da Conceição do Riachão de Jacuípe (gegründet 1847), dann wurde sie eine Vila in 1878. Der Bericht des Provisorischen Rats an der Regierung von Bahia für 1881 erwähnt ein kurz davor entstandenes Postamt der Vila:

Relatório dos Trabalhos do Conselho Interino do Governo da Bahia, 1881

RBA-0590a (Samml. José A. Junges) bleibt bisher die einzige kaiserliche Abstempelung von dort: ein Doppelkreis mit der Inschrift RIACHÃO DE JACUIPE oben und dem Datum im Innenkreis. Ein einziges Exemplar aus dem Jahr 1890 gefunden.

Categories
Carimbologia Q-R

Riachão, Sergipe (RSE-0135)

Atlas do Império do Brasil, 1868

Riachão do Dantas is nowadays a town of ca. 20 thousand inhabitants 100 km west of the state capital Aracaju. The former Freguesia de Nossa Senhora do Amparo do Riachão was twice a district of Lagarto, in 1855 and 1865, and was elevated to the villa status in 1864 and 1870, before acquiring an own municipality in December 1943.

Nova Monteiro dated the creation of the post office on October 22, 1864. Thus, the only available cancel to date from there, RSE-0135a (Coll. José A. Junges) is sure not the earliest. It shows a double circle with the inscriptions RIACHÃO above and (SERGIPE) below, else than the date within the inner circle. A single copy of 1895 was found, which might be republican.

Wikimedia – Open Street Map

Heute ist Riachão do Dantas ein Städtchen mit ca. 20 tausend Einwohnern etwa 100 km westlich von der Landeshauptstadt Aracaju. Die frühere Freguesia de Nossa Senhora do Amparo do Riachão war zweimal ein Distrikt von Lagarto, in 1855 und in 1865, und stieg ebenfalls zweimal zur Villa auf, in 1864 und 1870, bevor sie den Status eines Município in Dezember 1943 erlang.

Nova Monteiro gibt den 22. Oktober 1864 als Entstehungsdatum fürs Postamt an. Der bisher einzige überlieferte Stempel von dort, RSE-0135a (Samml. José A. Junges), ist daher bestimmt nicht der älteste, da er mit 1895 datiert ist, und dadurch republikanisch sein könnte: er zeigt einen Doppelkreis mit den Inschriften RIACHÃO oben und (SERGIPE) unten, dazu das Datum im Innenkreis.

Categories
Carimbologia Q-R

Riachão, Maranhão (RMA-0210)

Atlas do Imperio do Brasil, 1868

The history of the actual Riachão began around 1813, as a district of Carolina, located about 800 km south of the provincial capital São Luis. In 1833 Riachão reached its autonomy, at first as a Villa, now as a town with own municipality.

The post office was created in June 1856:

Publicador Maranhense, July 24, 1856

By now no cancellation from the imperial period was found.

CC BY-SA

Riachão ist heute ein Município etwa 800 km südlich von der Maranhão-Hauptstadt São Luís. Seine Geschichte begann in 1813, als ein Distrikt von Carolina. Bereits in 1833 ist der Ort als Villa aufgestiegen, und seitdem erhielt er seine Autonomie.

Das lokale Postamt entstand in Juni 1856:

Publicador Maranhense, 24. Juli 1856

Bisher wurde kein Stempel aus der Kaiserzeit gefunden.

Categories
Carimbologia Q-R

Retiro (train station/Bahnhof), Rio de Janeiro (RRJ-2033)

Estrada de Ferro Leopoldina, 1898

This small train station, now located in the municipality of Itaperuna in northeast of the Rio de Janeiro State, was built in October 1884 by the E. F. Carangola railway. In 1890 it belonged for a couple of months to the Cia. Barão de Araruama, and afterwards it remained property of the E. F. Leopoldina railway until 1973. In the fourties it was renamed as Retiro do Muriaé, and today the station building accomodates a cultural center (estacoesferroviarias.com.br).

According to Paulo Novaes (agenciaspostais.com.br), a post office was created as late as August 1888. There was apparently not too much business, for the gatekeeper himself was also nominated for the mail service:

Jornal do Commercio, November 23, 1888

No imperial cancellation has been found to date.

In 2016 (Júlio E. Alves)

Dieser kleine Bahnhof liegt heute bei Itaperuna im Nordosten des Staates Rio de Janeiro und wurde im Oktober 1884 von der E. F. Carangola Eisenbahngesellschaft gebaut. In 1890 gehörte er für ein Paar Monate zur Cia. Barão de Araruama und ging anschließend in Besitz der Estrada de Ferro Leopoldina, bei der er bis 1973 in Betrieb blieb. In den 40er Jahren wurde er in Retiro do Muriaé umbenannt, und heute dient das Bahnhofsgebäude als Kulturzentrum (estacoesferroviarias.com.br).

Nach Paulo Novaes (agenciaspostais.com.br) wurde das dortige Postamt erst im August 1888 errichtet. Und danach gab es offenbar nicht sehr viel zu tun, da der Bahnwärter selbst wurde als Postangestellter beschäftigt:

Jornal do Commercio, 23. November, 1888

Keine Abstempelung der Kaiserzeit wurde bisher gefunden.

Categories
Carimbologia Q-R

Retiro (train station/Bahnhof), Minas Gerais (RMG-3580)

Estrada de Ferro Central do Brasil, 1890

Print edition update of March 14, 2020

The Retiro station of the E.F. Dom Pedro II railway southeast from Juiz de Fora started operations on December 30, 1875, according to R. Giesbrecht (estacoesferroviarias.com.br). Paula Sobrinho (História Postal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, 1997) tells us that the postal agency was created almost 6 years later, on July 15, 1881. However, after the publishing of Carimbologia (Q-R) in Fall 2019, evidence for an earlier date to this post office has appeared:

O Globo, Rio de Janeiro, February 24, 1877

“The post offices of the Bemfica and Retiro stations of the E. F. D. Pedro II started their operation yesterday…” This means that, among all four localities with this name in the Brazilian Empire, this Retiro station in Minas Gerais has undoubtedly the oldest post office. Therefore, at least the two manuscript cancels originally attributed to the Retiro near Pouso Alegre (former RMG-2100a and RMG-2100b) should now rather correspond to RMG-3580. They will be listed here out of the chronological order.

So is RMG-3580a (agenciaspostais.com.br) the latest imperial cancel from this station: a double circle with inscriptions RETIRO (ESTAÇÃO) and dates from 1885 to 1893 inside. RMG-3580b (Coll. José A. Junges) was the former RMG-2100a: it presents Retiro written once or twice with black ink pen in a heavy stroke, and no date, supposedly used in 1880 and/or 1881. Finally, RMG-3580c (Coll. José A. Junges), which was to date RMG-2100b, shows Retiro this time with the complete date on the stamp (at least three copies from 1884), now in smaller handwriting, and the ink color has turned brown.

In 1915 (Albino Esteves: Álbum de Juiz de Fora)

Buchtext-Korrektur vom 14.03.2020

Der Bahnhof Retiro der Estrada de Ferro D. Pedro II südöstlich von Juiz de Fora wurde nach R. Giesbrecht (estacoesferroviarias.com.br) am 30. Dezember 1875 in Betrieb genommen. Laut Paula Sobrinho (História Postal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, 1997) kam das Postamt erst knapp 6 Jahre später, am 15. Juli 1881, dazu. Nach dem Erscheinen von Carimbologia (Q-R) im Herbst 2019 ist dennoch der Beweis für ein früheres Entstehungsdatum dieses Postamtes zutage gekommen:

O Globo, 24 Februar, 1877

“Gestern haben die Postämter der Bahnhöfe Bemfica und Retiro der E. F. D. Pedro II ihre Arbeit aufgenommen…” Das bedeutet, dass unter allen vier Retiro-Postämtern im kaiserlichen Brasilien dieses bei Juiz de Fora sicher das älteste ist. Daher müssen die beiden handschriftlichen Entwertungen, die ursprünglich Retiro bei Pouso Alegre zugeordnet waren (RMG-2100a and RMG-2100b), nun wohl dem Retiro-Bahnhof bei Juiz de Fora (RMG-3580) gehören. Sie werden fortan hier zu finden sein, ohne Rücksicht auf die chronologische Folge.

Nun ist RMG-3580a (agenciaspostais.com.br) wohl die späteste kaiserliche Entwertung des Bahnhofes: ein Doppelkreis mit Inschrift RETIRO (ESTAÇÃO) and dem jeweiligen Datum (zwischen 1885 und 1893) innen. RMG-3580b (Samml. José A. Junges) hat Retiro ein- oder zweimal in schwarzer Tinte per Hand ohne Datum geschrieben, vermutlich in 1880 und/oder 1881 verwendet. RMG-3580c (Samml. José A. Junges) zeigt diesmal Retiro mit komplettem Datum auf der Marke (mindestens drei Exemplare aus 1884). Nun ist die Handschrift etwas kleiner, und die Tintenfarbe wirkt bräunlicher.

Categories
Carimbologia Q-R

Retiro (Pouso Alegre), Minas Gerais (RMG-2100)

Mappa de Minas Geraes, 1910

Text update of March 14, 2020

There are at least two Turvo (i.e. Muddy) Rivers in Minas Gerais. The smaller one is a tributary stream to the Sapucaí River near Pouso Alegre in the southern state region, which has named the actual Turvolandia, the former Freguesia de Nossa Senhora da Piedade do Retiro. This town is still today pretty tiny, with some 5 thousand inhabitants, and stays slightly aside off the main road between Ouro Preto and São Paulo. Therefore, one might wonder why it has received an own post office during the Empire. This took place in December 1879 (Paula Sobrinho).

Since it is now clear that the Retiro station post office of the D. Pedro II railway near Juiz de Fora (RMG-3580) is older than this one, both early manuscript cancellations attributed before to RMG-2100 in Carimbologia (Q-R), RMG-2100a and RMG-2100b, will now be found under new numbers there.

A resting Retiro cancel, RMG-2100c (Coll. José A. Junges), shows a double circle, the inscription RETIRO between both circles, and the date inside. One single copy with year 1884 was found. 

A later Retiro cancel with inscription N.S. DO RETIRO was already reported by R. Koester (Carimbologia do Brasil Clássico XXVIII, Lohmar, 1986).

Raphael Lorenzeto de Abreu (CC BY-SA)

Textaktualisierung vom 14.03.2020

Es gibt mindestens zwei Flüsse in Minas Gerais, die Turvo (=Trüb) heißen. Der kleiner von beiden ist ein Zufluss des Sapucaí bei Pouso Alegre im Süden des Staates und hat seinen Namen dem Städtchen Turvolândia gegeben, der alten Freguesia de Nossa Senhora da Piedade do Retiro. Dieser Ort ist noch heute mit gut fünftausend Einwohnern ziemlich klein und liegt etwas abseits der Hauptstraße zwischen Ouro Preto und São Paulo. Dadurch wundert man sich, wieso ausgerechnet hier ein kaiserliches Postamt errichtet wurde. Dieses fand in Dezember 1879 statt (Paula Sobrinho).

Seitdem festgestellt wurde, dass das Bahnhofspostamt Retiro der Bahnlinie E.F. D. Pedro II bei Juiz de Fora (RMG-3580) noch älter ist, müssen die beiden handschriftlichen Entwertungen, die laut Carimbologia (Q-R) bisher hier aufgelistet waren (RMG-2100a und RMG-2100b), nun dort unter neuer Bezeichnung untergebracht werden.

Die verbliebene Retiro-Entwertung, RMG-2100c (Samml. José A. Junges), hat einen Doppelkreis mit der Inschrift RETIRO oben und dem Datum im Innenkreis. Ein einziges im Jahr 1884 verwendetes Exemplar ist bekannt.

Darüber hinaus hat R. Koester bereits eine spätere Retiro-Abstempelung vorgestellt, diesmal mit der Inschrift N.S. DO RETIRO (Carimbologia do Brasil Clássico XXVIII, Lohmar, 1986).

Categories
Carimbologia Q-R

Ressaquinha (train station/Bahnhof), Minas Gerais (RMG-2095)

Estrada de Ferro Central do Brasil, 1890

Ressaquinha was a train station on the E.F. D. Pedro II Railway, constructed in April 1882 north from Barbacena on the road to Queluz. According to Paula Sobrinho, in the same month a post office was installed. This should be correct, for a postal clerk was soon named in the local press:

Liberal Mineiro, May 6, 1882

Since the rail line was redesigned around 1950, the Ressaquinha station had to stop operating. As compensation, it was given political independence with an own municipality in 1953.

Two early cancels were registered: a single copy of RMG-2095a (Coll. José A. Junges) was found, of which the right side is missing. It presents a double circle with the inscription RESSAQUINHA, probably followed by ESTAÇÃO, and the date (1886) in the inner circle. RMG-2095b (image from the internet) might be already republican: a double circle with the inscription EST. DE RESSAQUINHA above and (MINAS) below, and the date inside. There is only a single copy of 1905 in the image bank.

estacoesferroviarias.com.br

Ressaquinha war ein Bahnhof der E.F. D. Pedro II, gebaut in April 1882 nördlich von Barbacena auf der Strecke nach Queluz. Gemäß Paula Sobrinho wurde im selben Monat ein Bahnhofspostamt errichtet. Das kann so stimmen, denn bald wurde ein Postangestellter für den Bahnhof in der Lokalpresse vorgestellt:

Liberal Mineiro, 06.05.1882

Durch eine Neugestaltung der Bahntrasse ab 1950 wurde der Bahnhof Ressaquinha außer Betrieb gesetzt. Als Ausgleich wurde aus dem Örtchen in 1953 ein Município, das dadurch seine politische Unabhängigkeit erlangte.

Zwei frühe Abstempelungen aus dem kleinen Bahnhof sind überliefert: von RMG-2095a ist nur ein Exemplar bisher vorhanden (Samml. José A. Junges), und davon fehlt noch die rechte Seite. Es zeigt einen Doppelkreis mit der Inschrift RESSAQUINHA, vermutlich gefolgt von ESTAÇÃO, und das Datum (1886) im Innenkreis. RMG-2095b (Bild aus dem Internet) könnte gleichwohl aus der frühen Republik stammen: ein Doppelkreis mit der Inschrift EST. DE RESSAQUINHA oben und (MINAS) unten, dazu das Datum darinnen. Nur ein Exemplar aus dem Jahr 1905 gesichtet.

Categories
Carimbologia Q-R

Ressaca (train station/Bahnhof), São Paulo, (RSP-1070)

Estrada de Ferro Central do Brasil, 1890

Ressaca (or Resaca) was a train station on the Mogyana Railway. At the time when it was built, in August 1875, it belonged to the municipality of Mogy-Merim. Now it is a health care station in Santo Antonio de Posse, after being renamed to Posse de Ressaca station in 1944 (Ralph Giesbrecht: estacoesferroviarias.com.br).

A station post office was created by March 1880:

A Constituinte, March 16, 1880

The first station cancel was probably RSP-1070a (Coll. José A. Junges): an ellipse with RESSACA inside. It was followed by RSP-1070b (Coll. José A. Junges): a double circle with inscriptions RESACA (above) and a cross ornament (below), with the date inside the inner circle. Found between 1885 and 1890.

Cia. Mogyana

Ressaca (oder Resaca) war ein Bahnhof der Cia. Mogyana Eisenbahn. Bei der Gebäudeherstellung, in August 1875, lag er im Muncípio vom Mogy-Merim. Nun dient das Gebäude als Station der Gesundheitsbehörde in der Gemeinde Santo Antonio da Posse, nachdem der Bahnhof 1944 in Posse de Ressaca umbenannt wurde (Ralph Giesbrecht: estacoesferroviarias.com.br)

Ein Bahnhofspostamt entstand bis März 1880:

A Constituinte, 16.03.1880

Der erste postalische Bahnhofsstempel war wohl RSP-1070a (Samml. José A. Junges): eine Ellipse mit der Inschrift RESSACA. Es folgte RSP-1070b (Samml. José A. Junges): ein Doppelkreis mit der Inschrift RESACA (oben) und einem kreuzförmigen Ornament (unten), dazu das Datum im Innenkreis. Gefunden in den Jahrgängen 1885 bis 1890.

Categories
Carimbologia Q-R

Resende, Rio de Janeiro (RRJ-0825)

Atlas do Imperio do Brasil, 1868

Resende (or Rezende) was founded as the Freguesia de Nossa Senhora da Conceição do Campo Alegre da Parahyba Nova in January 1756 west from the imperial capital, on the Parahyba River, near the border to the São Paulo province. It must have been a strategically important site, for the small village grew faster than average, and today it is famous in the whole country due to the Military Academy, founded 1792. Resende acquired the villa status as early as 1801, and since 1841 it is a city.

According to Nova Monteiro (Administrações e Agências Postais do Brasil Império – 1798/1869) the local post office opened in 1829. It must have been very active from the beginning on, for there were about eight different pre-philatelic (i.e. used by 1843) cancels:

RRJ-0825a (RHM P-RJ-28) Used between 1830 and 1836.

RRJ-0825b (P. Ayres #24/1942) Used between 1835 and at least 1843.

RRJ-0825c (RHM P-RJ-29) Used between 1836 and 1838.

RRJ-0825d (RHM P-RJ-30) Used between 1838 and 1840.

RRJ-0825e (RHM P-RJ-31) Used in 1841.

P. Ayres/1942 #23 (RHM P-RJ-32), used in 1843 ff, is probably the same as

RRJ-0825f (HBF-R1)

RRJ-0825g (P. Ayres 1430a, HBF-R3) Used in 1843ff.

RRJ-0825h is also known as P. Ayres # 1430. Used from ca. 1843 till 1873.

RRJ-0825i corresponds to P. Ayres #1590. Used from ca.1850 till 1876.

RRJ-0825j (Coll. José A. Junges) is a French type. Used with REZENDE and dates in French between 1871 and 1884.

RRJ-0825k is known as P. Ayres #1081. Used from ca. 1876 until 1884.

RRJ-0825l is a railroad cancel depicted in Brazil Filatélico #104. Used ca. 1878 ff.

RRJ-0825m (Coll. José A. Junges) is probably a variant to RRJ-0825j, but now the date is written in Portuguese. Used between 1881 and 1885.

RRJ-0825n (Coll. José A. Junges) is similar to before, but now the REZENDE letters are slightly bigger,  the year smaller, and there is no star. Known in 1883.

RRJ-0825o (Coll. José A. Junges) has a double circle with inscription RESENDE inside, a horizontal rhombus formed by four small rhombuses below, and the date within the inner circle. Used from ca. 1885 until 1895.

RRJ-0825p (Coll. José A. Junges) might be republican. It presents a double circle with inscription REZENDE above, a cross with serifs below and the date inside. Found by now between 1890 and 1900.

Raphael Lorenzeto de Abreu (CC BY-SA)

Resende (oder Rezende) wurde als Freguesia de Nossa Senhora da Conceição do Campo Alegre da Parahyba Nova im Januar 1756 am Fluss Parahyba nah an der Grenze zu São Paulo gegründet. Es dürfte eine strategisch eminent wichtige Lage gewesen sein, denn die Ortschaft wuchs merklich schneller als der Durchschnitt. Heute ist Resende landesweit durch eine Militärakademie bekannt, die 1792 entstanden ist. Resende erhielt den Villa-Status bereits in 1801, und es ist seit 1841 eine Stadt.

Wie Nova Monteiro (Administrações e Agências Postais do Brasil Império – 1798/1869) berichtet, wurde das örtliche Postamt in 1829 eröffnet. Der Postverkehr muss von Beginn an besonders rege gewesen sein, da man noch in der Vorphila-Zeit – also bis 1843 – bereits ca. acht verschiedene Abstempelungen zählen kann.

RRJ-0825a (RHM P-RJ-28). Verwendet zwischen 1830 und 1836.

RRJ-0825b (P. Ayres Nr. 24/1942) Zwischen 1835 und zumindest 1843 verwendet.

RRJ-0825c (RHM P-RJ-29) Zwischen 1836 und 1838 verwendet.

RRJ-0825d (RHM P-RJ-30) Zwischen 1838 und 1840 verwendet.

RRJ-0825e (RHM P-RJ-31) Gefunden in 1841.

P. Ayres Nr.23/1942 (RHM P-RJ-32), gefunden in 1843 ff, ist vielleicht identisch mit:

RRJ-0825f (HBF-R1)

RRJ-0825g (P. Ayres Nr. 1430a, HBF-R3) Verwendet in 1843ff.

RRJ-0825h entspricht P. Ayres Nr. 1430. Verwendet von ca. 1843 bis 1873.

RRJ-0825i entspricht P. Ayres Nr. 1590. Verwendet von ca.1850 bis 1876.

RRJ-0825j (Samml. José A. Junges) ist ein “französischer-Typus”. Mit Inschrift REZENDE, trägt das Datum auf Französisch, zwischen 1871 und 1884.

RRJ-0825k ist als P. Ayres Nr. 1081 bekannt. Verwendet von ca. 1876 bis 1884.

RRJ-0825l ist eine Eisenbahn-Abstempelung, wie in Brazil Filatélico Nr. 104 abgebildet. Verwendet ca. 1878 ff.

RRJ-0825m (Samml. José A. Junges) ist vermutlich eine Variante zu RRJ-0825j, nun aber steht das Datum auf Portugiesisch. Verwendet zwischen 1881 und 1885.

RRJ-0825n (Samml. José A. Junges) ist ähnlich wie der Vorgägnger, aber nun sieht man REZENDE etwas größer,  das Jahr dafür kleiner, und der Stern ist nun verschwunden. Bekannt in 1883.

RRJ-0825o (Samml. José A. Junges) hat einen Doppelkreis mit Inschrift RESENDE (oben), eine waagerechte Raute, die durch vier kleine Rauten gebildet wird (unten), und das Datum im Innenkreis. Benutzt von ca. 1885 bis 1895.

RRJ-0825p (Samml. José A. Junges) könnte bereits republikanisch sein. Er hat einen Doppelkreis mit Inschrift REZENDE oben, eine Kreuzverzierung mit Serifen unten und das Datum im Innenkreis. Bisher zwischen 1890 und 1900 gefunden.

Categories
Carimbologia Q-R

Remédios, Minas Gerais (RMG-2090)

Atlas do Imperio do Brasil, 1868

Within eight decades, this locality has been given four different names. Beginning in 1870 as the freguesia of Nossa Senhora de Remédios, which belonged to Piranga, it was called just Remedios between 1873 and 1943. Then it turned to Angoritaba, which means in the Indian language “a place of spiritual comfort”, before becoming the município of Senhora de Remédios in 1953, when it emancipated from Barbacena.

According to Paula Sobrinho (História Postal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, 1997), the local post office was created in March 1879. Two imperial postmarks are known. RMG-2090a (Coll. José A. Junges) is a manuscript cancel, the unique exemplar of which is dated October 1884. Then follows RMG-2090b (Coll. José A. Junges), a double circle with REMEDIOS inscription (above), a diamond ornament formed by four rhombuses (below), and the date within the inner circle. Copies found between 1885 and 1894.

Raphael Lorenzeto de Abreu (CC BY-SA)

Binnen gut 80 Jahren hat diese Gemeinde vier Namen verpasst bekommen. Gegründet als die Freguesia von Nossa Senhora de Remédios, unterstellt dem Bezirk Piranga, sie wurde lediglich Remedios zwischen 1873 und 1943 genannt. Dann hieß sie Angoritaba, eine Bezeichnung in der Indianersprache, die „Ort des geistlichen Trosts“ heißt. Und seit 1953 wurde sie nach der Loslösung von Barbacena der Município von Senhora dos Remédios.

Gemäß Paula Sobrinho (História Postal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, 1997) wurde das Ortspostamt im März 1879 ins Leben gerufen. Zwei kaiserliche Entwertungen sind überliefert. RMG-2090a (Samml. José A. Junges) ist eine handschriftliche Entwertung, deren einzig bekanntes Exemplar das Datum Oktober 1884 trägt. Es folgt RMG-2090b (Samml. José A. Junges), ein Doppelkreis mit der Inschrift REMEDIOS (oben), dazu eine Verzierung in Rautenform, die wiederum durch 4 kleinere Rauten gebildet wird (unten), und das Datum im Innenkreis. Exemplare zwischen 1885 und 1894 gefunden.