
Realto (or Rialto, like the famous bridge in Venice) was a tiny station of the E. F. do Bananal railway, which linked Barra Mansa in the Rio province to Bananal in São Paulo. According to Ralph Giesbrecht (estacoesferroviarias.com.br), the railroad started in Saudade near Barra Mansa in 1882, passed through Realto in 1883 but reached Bananal only in 1888. It was some 160 km long and belonged to the E.F. do Bananal until 1918, when it was undertaken by the E.F. Central do Brasil. In 1931, it was shortly controlled by E.F Oeste de Minas, returning the very same year to the Central do Brasil until 1964, when operation ended, and the station was demolished later on.
There was a post office at the station from 1883 on, says Paulo Novaes (agenciaspostais.com.br). The only imperial cancel discovered by now is RRJ-1670a (Coll. Klerman Lopes): A double circle with the inscription EST. DO REALTO (above), a star-like ornament with four legs (below) and the date inside. Cancelled in 1885.

Realto (oder Rialto, wie die berühmte Brücke in Venedig) war ein kleiner Bahnhof der Estrada de Ferro do Bananal, einer Eisenbahnstrecke, die Barra Mansa in der Provinz Rio mit Bananal in São Paulo verbunden hat. Laut Ralph Giesbrecht (estacoesferroviarias.com.br) startete die Bahnlinie in 1882 in Saudade nahe Barra Mansa, der Bahnhof Realto kann im darauf folgenden Jahr dazu, aber die Endstrecke bis Bananal wurde erst in 1888 fertig gestellt.
Die ganze Bahnstrecke war gerade 168 km lang und blieb bei der E.F. do Bananal bis 1918, als sie von der Central do Brasil übernommen wurde. In 1931 war sie kurz im Besitz der E.F. Oeste de Minas, ging aber im gleichen Jahr zurück zur Central do Brasil. In 1964 wurde der Bahnbetrieb eingestellt, und der Bahnhof wurde kurz darauf abgerissen.
Ein Postamt gab es dort schon seit 1883, laut Paulo Novaes (agenciaspostais.com.br). Der einzige bisher bekannte Stempel der Kaiserzeit ist RRJ-1670a (Samml. Klerman Lopes): ein Doppelkreis mit der Inschrift EST. DO REALTO (oben), einem sternförmigen Ornament mit vier Zacken (unten) und dem Datum im Inneren. Ein Exemplar vom Jahr 1885 ist bekannt.