Categories
Carimbologia A-B

Apparecida, Rio de Janeiro (ARJ-0045)

Atlas do Imperio do Brasil, 1868

The Freguesia of N. Sra. da Apparecida was founded in April 1842 and was located on the north bank of the São Francisco River in the Município of Paraíba do Sul, 160 km north of the capital Rio de Janeiro. In December 1874, the village moved to the then newly founded Município of Sapucaia and has remained a district of it until today.

Two dates of origin for the local post office have been found. First in November 1842, as Nova Monteiro notes in Administrações e Agencias Postaes do Brasil Imperio (Brasil Filatelico/RJ, 1934-5; Reprint SPP 1994-1999). Paulo Novaes (agenciaspostais.com.br) writes that the agency was closed in June 1861 and reopened four months later.

The first four postmarks have already been recorded by R. Koester in Carimbologia II:

ARJ-0045a (RK) 1844ff
ARJ-0045b (RK) 1877-1881
ARJ-0045c (RK) 1884-1886
ARJ-0045d (RK) 1889-1890

Koester also lists a handwritten cancellation from 1872 which he believed to be from the Apparecida in S. Paulo, but which more likely belongs here:

1872 (RK)

Philatelist Fuad Ferreira Fo. found another two handwritten cancellations:

1866ff (FF)
1871 (FF)
Almanak Laemmert, 1866

Die Freguesia von N. Sra. da Apparecida wurde im April 1842 gegründet und lag am Nordufer des Flusses São Francisco im Município von Paraíba do Sul, 160 km nördlich der Hauptstadt Rio de Janeiro entfernt. Die Ortschaft wechselte im Dezember 1874 zum damals neu gegründeten Município von Sapucaia und ist bis heute ein Distrikt davon geblieben.

Zwei Entstehungsdaten fürs lokale Postamt wurden gefunden. Erstmals im November 1842, wie Nova Monteiro in Administrações e Agencias Postaes do Brasil Imperio (Brasil Filatelico/RJ, 1934-5; Reprint SPP 1994-1999) vermerkt. Paulo Novaes (agenciaspostais.com.br) schreibt, dass die Agentur im Juni 1861 geschlossen wurde und vier Monate später wieder geöffnet war.

Die ersten vier Poststempel wurden bereits durch R. Koester in Carimbologia II erfasst:

ARJ-0045a (RK) 1844ff
ARJ-0045b (RK) 1877-1881
ARJ-0045c (RK) 1884-1886
ARJ-0045d (RK) 1889-1890

Koester listet auch eine handschriftliche Entwertung aus 1872, die er aus der Apparecida in S. Paulo zu sein glaubte, die aber eher hierher gehört:

1872 (RK)

Der Philatelist Fuad Ferreira Fo. fand weitere zwei Entwertungen per Hand:

1866 (FF)
1871 (FF)
Categories
Carimbologia A-B

Apparecida, Piauí (API-0020)

Atlas do Imperio do Brasil, 1868

Another name: Bertolínia (1943)

The freguesia of N. Sra. da Apparecida was founded in January 1856 and was located in the Município of Jerumenha on the west bank of the Esfolado River, 400 km south of the provincial capital Teresina. The village was promoted to Vila in January 1890 but was downgraded as a Jerumenha district between June 1931 and August 1934. Since December 1943, the new place name has been Bertolínia, in memory of Lieutenant Colonel Bertolino Alves e Rocha (1822-1902), one of the first settlers.

So far, it has not been possible to determine the exact date of origin of the local post office, but it may have been early 1884, as the agency is not yet listed in the Directory of Imperial Post Offices (Tabella das Agencias do Correio do Imperio, Rio de Janeiro, 1885), but was nevertheless registered on the regular postal route in May 1884, as confirmed by the regional press:

A Imprensa, 25.05.1884

So far, no imperial postal cancellation has been sighted from this locality.

Arthur D. Ribeiro: Estado do Piauhy, 1924

Anderer Name: Bertolínia (1943)

Die Freguesia von N. Sra. da Apparecida wurde im Januar 1856 gegründet und lag im Município von Jerumenha am Westufer des Flusses Esfolado, 400 km südlich der Provinzhauptstadt Teresina entfernt. Der Ort stieg im Januar 1890 zur Vila auf, wurde aber zwischen Juni 1931 und August 1934 zum Distrikt von Jerumenha herabgestuft. Seit Dezember 1943 gilt der neue Ortsname Bertolínia, in Erinnerung an dem Oberstleutnant Bertolino Alves e Rocha (1822-1902), einem der ersten Siedler.

Bisher konnte das genaue Entstehungsdatum für örtliche Postamt nicht ermittelt werden, es dürfte aber Anfang 1884 gewesen sein, da die Agentur noch nicht imVerzeichnis der kaiserlichen Postämter (Tabella das Agencias do Correio do Imperio, Rio de Janeiro, 1885) aufgelistet ist, gleichwohl auf der regulären Postroute im Mai 1884 registriert war, wie die Regionalpresse bestätigt:

A Imprensa, 25.05.1884

Bisher wurde kein kaiserlicher Posttempel aus dieser Ortschaft gesichtet.

Categories
Carimbologia A-B

Apparecida de Botucatu, São Paulo (ASP-0040)

Arthur D. Ribeiro: Estado de São Paulo, 1924

Text update of November 28, 2022

Other names: Apparecida de Agua da Rosa, Aparecida de São Manuel (1959)

The freguesia of Apparecida de Agua da Rosa was founded in April 1882 in the Município of Botucatu, 260 km west of the provincial capital of São Paulo. In March 1885, it changed to the newly founded Município of S. Manoel. After that, the place name changed twice: in November 1938 to Água da Rosa and in February 1959 to the still current Aparecida de S. Manuel.

As can be read in the Directory of Imperial Post Offices (Tabella das Agencias do Correio do Imperio, Rio de Janeiro, 1885), there was a post office there since 1881.

The imperial postmark ASP-0040a (image: Mário Celso Orsi Jr.) is an imitation of a French type, with the inscription APPARECIDA DE BOTUCATU at the top and star between brackets at the bottom, but larger than the model. The dates in the middle so far go from 1885 to 1906.

In the meantime, a mute cancellation from Apparecida de Botucatu was also found in the Fuad Ferreira Fo. collection:

1899 (FF)
Google Maps

Textaktualisierung v. 28. November 2022

Andere Namen: Apparecida de Agua da Rosa, Aparecida de São Manuel (1959)

Die Freguesia von Apparecida de Agua da Rosa wurde im April 1882 im Municipio von Botucatu gegründet und lag 260 km westlich der Provinzhauptstadt São Paulo entfernt. Im März 1885 wechselte sie zum neu gegründeten Município von S. Manoel. Danach änderte sich der Ortsname zweimal: im November 1938 zu Água da Rosa und im Februar 1959 zum heute noch aktuellen Aparecida de S. Manuel.

Wie im Verzeichnis der kaiserlichen Postämter (Tabella das Agencias do Correio do Imperio, Rio de Janeiro, 1885) zu lesen ist, gab es dort ein Postamt seit 1881.

Der kaiserliche Poststempel ASP-0040a (Abb. Mário Celso Orsi Jr.) ist die Nachahmung eines französischen Typus, mit der Inschrift APPARECIDA DE BOTUCATU oben und Stern zwischen Klammern unten, allerdings größer als das Vorbild. Die Daten in der Mitte gehen bisher von 1885 bis 1906.

Inzwischen fand sich auch eine stumme Abstempelung aus Apparecida de Botucatu in der Sammlung Fuad Ferreira Fo.:

1889 (FF)
Categories
Carimbologia A-B

Apody/Appodi, Rio Grande do Norte (ARN-0015)

Villiers de l’Ile Adam: Carta (…) das Provincias do Rio Grande do Norte e Parahiba, 1848

Another name: Apudi

The freguesia of S. João Baptista das Várzeas do Apody was founded in 1766 at the vila of Porta Alegre on the north bank of the Apodi River, 340 km west of the future provincial capital Natal. It became a vila in April 1833 and a town in March 1887.

There are three known dates of creation of the local post office. Firstly in April 1818, as R. Koester writes in Carimbologia II. Then again in 1836, as noted in the Directory of Imperial Post Offices (Tabella das Agencias do Correio do Imperio, Rio de Janeiro, 1885). And lastly in April 1852, as Nova Monteiro tells us in Administrações e Agencias Postaes do Brasil Imperio (Brasil Filatelico/RJ, 1934-5; Reprint SPP 1994-1999). Only one postmark was found for the Empire: ARN-0015c (image: José L Pedreira) is a double circle with the inscription APPODI at the top. The only copy has a partially hand-written date of 1881.

Atlas do Imperio do Brasil, 1868

Anderer Name: Apudi

Die Freguesia von S. João Baptista das Várzeas do Apody wurde 1766 bei der Vila von Porta Alegre am Nordufer des Flusses Apodi gegründet und lag 340 km westlich der späteren Provinzhauptstadt Natal entfernt. Der Ort wurde im April 1833 zur Vila und im März 1887 zur Stadt erhoben.

Es sind drei Gründungsdaten fürs örtliche Postamt bekannt. Erstmals im April 1818, wie R. Koester in Carimbologia II schreibt. Dann 1836, wie im Verzeichnis der kaiserlichen Postämter (Tabella das Agencias do Correio do Imperio, Rio de Janeiro, 1885) vermerkt. Und zuletzt im April 1852, wie uns Nova Monteiro in Administrações e Agencias Postaes do Brasil Imperio (Brasil Filatelico/RJ, 1934-5; Reprint SPP 1994-1999) mitteilt. Bur ei Poststempel wurde fürs Kaiserreich gefunden: ARN-0015c (Abb. José L Pedreira) ist ein Doppelkreis mit der Inschrift APPODI oben. Das einzige Exemplar hat ein teilweise per Hand eingetragenes Datum aus 1881.

Categories
Carimbologia A-B

Apiahy, São Paulo (ASP-0030)

Atlas do Imperio do Brasil, 1868

The settlement with the sonorous name Santo Antonio das Minas do Apiahy (St. Anthony of the Mines of Apiahy) was founded in March 1771, 310 km southwest of the future provincial capital São Paulo, and belonged to the Vila of Sorocaba. It became a vila in August of this century, but Apiaí – as it is written today – has only been a town since December 1906.

Two creation dates for the local post office have been found. The first one was in March 1836, as reported by philatelist Mario Celso Orsi Jr. and confirmed by the regional press:

O Paulista Official, 11.03.1836

The second agency creation took place in April 1874, and this is also reported by the press:

Correio Paulistano, 21.04.1874

Three postmarks have been found for this post office in the 19th century, the first of which cannot yet be definitively confirmed: ASP-0030a (Fig. M. Orsi Jr.) has been identified on a numeral issue from 1850:

ASP-0030a (MO) 1850ff

It was followed by the French type ASP-0030b (Coll. Klerman W. Lopes): a double circle with the inscription APIAHY above and the star between brackets below. The only specimen so far has a date from 1886 in the centre. Next there came ASP-0030c (image from the internet): a double circle with the inscription AGENCIA DE APIAHY at the top and an ornament in X at the bottom. The dates in the centre go from 1890 to 1906.

Villiers de l’Ile Adam: Carta (…) da Provincia de São Paulo, 1847

Die Siedlung mit dem sonoren Namen Santo Antonio das Minas do Apiahy (Skt. Anton der Minen von Apiahy) wurde im März 1771 310 km südwestlich der späteren Provinzhauptstadt São Paulo gegründet un gehörte zur Vila von Sorocaba. Geich im August d. Jh. wurde daraus eine Vila, aber erst seit Dezember 1906 ist Apiaí – wie es heute geschrieben wird – eine Stadt.

Zwei Gründungsdaten furs örtiche Postamt wurden gefunden. Erstmals im März 1836, wie der Philatelist Mario Celso Orsi Jr. meldete und durch die Regionalpresse bestätigt wird:

O Paulista Official, 11.03.1836

Die zweite Agenturentstehung fand im April 1874 statt, und das wird ebenfalls durch die Presse gemeldet:

Correio Paulistano, 21.04.1874

Drei Poststempel wurden für dieses Postamt im 19. Jahrhundert gefunden, wobei der erste noch nicht endgültigt bestätigt werden kann: ASP-0030a (Abb. M. Orsi Jr.) wurde auf einer Zifferausgabe von 1850 identifiziert:

ASP-0030a (MO) 1850ff

Ihm folgte der Französische Typus ASP-0030b (Samml. Klerman W. Lopes): ein Doppelkreis mit der Inschrift APIAHY oben und dem Stern zwischen Klammern unten. Das bisher einzige Exemplar hat ein Datum aus 1886 in der Mitte. Danach kam ASP-0030c (Abb. aus dem Internet): ein Doppelkreis mit der Inschrift AGENCIA DE APIAHY oben und einem Ornament in X unten. Die Daten in der Mitte gehen von 1890 bis 1906.

Categories
Carimbologia A-B

Antonio Prado (train station/Bahnhof), Minas Gerais (AMG-0095)

Estado de Minas Geraes, 1910

Another name: Antonio Prado de Minas (1962)

Antonio Prado station was inaugurated in January 1886 by the E.F. Leopoldina, Manhuassú Branch, and was located in the Município of S. Paulo do Muriaé on the provincial border with Rio de Janeiro, 220 km southeast of the capital Ouro Preto. The railway line belonged to Rede Ferroviária Federal S.A. (estacoesferroviarias.com.br) from 1975 until the line was closed in 1979. In the meantime, the rails have been removed and the station building is now the headquarters of a milk producers’ cooperative.

2011 (Photo: Daniela Areal, in estacoesferroviarias.com.br)

Around the station, the settlement continued to grow, becoming part of the Vila of S. Manuel (May 1891) and – as a district – of the newly created Município of Eugenópolis (December 1948). Since December 1962, it has been in the Município of Antonio Prado de Minas. The name celebrates the Paulista Antonio da Silva Prado (1840-1929), who was a famous personality of the empire as an imperial councillor, coffee farm owner, newspaper publisher, lawyer and also long-time chairman of the Cia. Paulista railway company.

In 1888: Drawing by Amaro do Amaral (Wikipedia)

A railway station post office existed from June 1886, as Paula Sobrinho writes in História Postal de Minas Gerais (Belo Horizonte, 1997). This is confirmed by the Rio press:

Jornal do Commercio/RJ, 22.06.1886

So far only one handwritten postal cancellation in the Empire is known, presented by Paulo Ayres in Catálogo de Carimbos Brasil-Império (S. Paulo, 1937, 1942) on p. 146.

(P.A. p.146) 1886ff
Estrada de Ferro Leopoldina

Anderer Name: Antonio Prado de Minas (1962)

Der Bahnhof Antonio Prado wurde im Januar 1886 von der E.F. Leopoldina, Manhuassú-Abzweigung, eingeweiht und lag im Município von S. Paulo do Muriaé an der Provinzgrenze zu Rio de Janeiro, 220 km südöstlich der Hauptstadt Ouro Preto entfernt. Die Bahnlinie gehörte von 1975 bis zur Streckenstilllegung 1979 der Rede Ferroviária Federal S.A. (estacoesferroviarias.com.br). Inzwischen wurden die Schienen entfernt, das Bahnhofsgebäude ist heute der Sitz einer Milcherzeugerkooperative.

2011 (Foto: Daniela Areal, in estacoesferroviarias.com.br)

Rund um den Bahnhof wuchs die Siedlung weiter und ging zur Vila von S. Manuel (Mai 1891) und – als Distrikt – zum neu gegründeten Município von Eugenópolis (Dezember 1948). Seit Dezember 1962 liegt sie im Município von Antonio Prado de Minas. Der name erinnert an den Paulista Antonio da Silva Prado (1840-1929), der als Imperaler Ratsmitglied, Kaffefarmbesitzer, Zeitungsverleger, Jurist und auch langjähriger Vorsitzender der Cia. Paulista Bahngesellschaft eine berühmte Persönlichkeit des Kaiserreichs war.

1888: Zeichnung von Amaro do Amaral (Wikipedia)

Ein Bahnhofspostamt gab es seit Juni 1886, wie Paula Sobrinho in História Postal de Minas Gerais (Belo Horizonte, 1997) schreibt. Das wird durch die Presse aus Rio bestätigt:

Jornal do Commercio/RJ, 22.06.1886

Bisher ist nur eine handschriftliche postalische Entwertung im Kaiserreich bekannt, die von Paulo Ayres in Catálogo de Carimbos Brasil-Império (S. Paulo, 1937, 1942) auf S. 146 vorgestellt wurde.

(P.A. p./S.146) 1886ff
Categories
Carimbologia A-B

Antonio Pereira, Minas Gerais (AMG-0090)

Atlas do Imperio do Brasil, 1868

This very small village (only 481 inhabitants in 1880) was a freguesia from April 1840, belonging to the provincial capital Ouro Preto, 20 km to its north. And so it has remained to this day, with the freguesia becoming a district after the advent of the Republic.

As Paula Sobrinho writes in História Postal de Minas Gerais (Belo Horizonte, 1997), there had been a post office there since February 1882. This is confirmed by a report in the Rio press:

Jornal do Commercio/RJ, 28.02.1882

The agency remained closed between December 1896 and July 1897 (P. Sobrinho, op. cit.). So far, no 19th century postmark from this place has been seen.

Villiers de l’Ile Adam: Carta (…) da Provincia de Minas Geraes

Diese sehr kleine Ortschaft (nur 481 Einwohner im Jahr 1880) war ab April 1840 eine Freguesia, die zur Provinzhauptstadt Ouro Preto gehörte und 20 km nördlich davon lag. Und so ist es bis heute geblieben, wobei nach dem Advent der Republik aus der Freguesia ein Distrikt wurde.

Wie Paula Sobrinho in História Postal de Minas Gerais (Belo Horizonte, 1997) schreibt, gab es dort ein Postamt seit Februar 1882. Das wird durch eine Meldung der Presse aus Rio bestätigt:

Jornal do Commercio/RJ, 28.02.1882

Die Agentur blieb zwischen Dezember 1896 und Juli 1897 geschlossen (P. Sobrinho, op. cit.). Bislang war kein Poststempel aus dem 19. Jahrhundert aus diesem Ort zu sehen.

Categories
Carimbologia A-B

Antonio Dias Abaixo, Minas Gerais (AMG-0085)

Atlas do Imperio do Brasil, 1868

Other name: Antonio Dias (1918)

The Freguesia de N. Sra. de Nazaré de Antonio Dias Abaixo was founded in July 1832 in the Municipio of Itabira do Mato Dentro, on the north bank of the river Piracicaba, 180 km northeast of the provincial capital Ouro Preto. The curious name (Lower Antonio Dias) commemorates the founder of the village, Antonio Dias de Oliveira (ca. 1646-1736). The village became a vila in August 1911 and has been called simply Antonio Dias since September 1918.

As Paula Sobrinho writes in História Postal de Minas Gerais (Belo Horizonte, 1997), there was a post office there from March 1877. The only postmark so far, AMG-0085b (image from the Internet), is probably not the oldest, as it bears internal dates between 1891 and 1894. In this double circle, one reads the inscription ANTONIO DIAS ABAIXO at the top.

Villiers de l’Ile Adam: Carta (..) da Provincia de Minas Geraes, 1849

Anderer Name: Antonio Dias (1918)

Die Freguesia de N. Sra. de Nazaré de Antonio Dias Abaixo wurde im Juli 1832 im Municipio von Itabira do Mato Dentro gegründet und lag am Nordufer des Flusses Piracicaba, 180 km nordöstlich der Provinzhauptstadt Ouro Preto entfernt. Der merkwürdige Name (Unterer Antonio Dias) erinnert an den Ortsgründer Antonio Dias de Oliveira (ca. 1646-1736). Die Ortschaft wurde im August 1911 eine Vila, die seit September 1918 einfach Antonio Dias heißt.

Wie Paula Sobrinho in História Postal de Minas Gerais (Belo Horizonte, 1997) schreibt, gab es dort ein Postamt seit März 1877. Der bisher einzige Poststempel AMG-0085b (Abb. aus dem Internet) ist wohl nicht der älteste, denn er trägt innere Daten zwischen 1891 und 1894. In diesem Doppelkreis liest man oben die Inschrift ANTONIO DIAS ABAIXO.

Categories
Carimbologia A-B

Antonina, São Paulo / Paraná (APR-0010)

Atlas do Imperio do Brasil, 1868

Another name: N. Sra do Pilar da Graciosa

The chapel of N. Sra do Pilar da Graciosa was built in September 1714 and was located in the bay of the Vila of Paranaguá, 80 km east of the future provincial capital Curitiba. The village was elevated to freguesia in February 1761 and to the vila of Antonina in August 1797, before changing from the province of São Paulo to the province of Paraná in 1854. Antonina has been a town since January 1857. The name is said to be a tribute to D. Francisco Antonio (1795-1801), the first-born son of D. João VI, who held the title of Principe da Beira until his untimely death at the age of six.

Three dates for the creation of the local post office are available, the first two being very close to each other. First in July 1832, as philatelist Mario Celso Orsi Jr. writes. Since Nova Monteiro in Administrações e Agencias Postaes do Brasil Imperio (Brasil Filatelico/RJ, 1934-5; Reprint SPP 1994-1999) gives September 1832 for this, the last one could be the date when the agency started operating. Since the post office was listed in the Imperial Postal Guide (Guia Postal do Imperio, Rio de Janeiro, 1880) and another founding date of 1881 is available in the Directory of Imperial Post Offices (Tabella das Agencias do Correio do Imperio, Rio de Janeiro, 1885), it could have been closed around 1879-1880.

The oldest postmark is APR-0010a, reportedly found between 1843 and at least1866 and already presented by R. Koester in Carimbologia I:

APR-0010a (RK) 1843ff-1866ff

It was followed by APR-0010b (fig. from the internet), which was also found in blue and violet for the period 1877-1896, although Koester (op.cit.) suspects that another postmark was in circulation there in between. It is a simple double circle with the inscription ANTONINA at the top.

A mute cancel – also found in other towns in the province – was in use there between 1879 and at least 1883. It is known through P. Ayres (Catálogo de Carimbos Brasil-Império, S. Paulo, 1937, 1942) under No. 783 and also occurs in blue and violet:

1879-1883ff (P.A. 783)

Two other postmarks with letters have been found for Antonina. The first one is No. 241 in Mute Cancellations of the Brazil Empire/ Carimbos Mudos do Brasil Império (Brazil Philatelic Association, Rio de Janeiro, 2000) by J. Dingler and Klerman Lopes :

BPA 241

Then there is an enigmatic PP cancel, possibly abbreviating Provincia do Paraná, as Mario Celso Orsi Jr. shows us :

(MO)
Villiers de l’Ile Adam: Carta (…) da Provincia de S. Paulo, 1847

Anderer Name:  N. Sra. do Pilar da Graciosa

Die Kapelle von N. Sra do Pilar da Graciosa wurde im September 1714 errichtet und lag in der Bucht der Vila von Paranaguá, 80 km östlich der späteren Provinzhauptstadt Curitiba enfernt. Der Ort wurde im Februar 1761 zur Freguesia und im August 1797 zur Vila von Antonina erhoben, bevor er 1854 von der Provinz São Paulo zur Provinz Paraná wechselte. Seit Januar 1857 ist Antonina eine Stadt. Der Name soll eine Hommage an D. Francisco Antonio (1795-1801) sein, der als erstgeborener Sohn von D. João VI den Titel Principe da Beira bis zu seinem frühen Tod als Sechsjähriger trug.

Drei Daten für die Entstehung des örtlichen Postamts liegen vor, wobei die ersten beiden verdächtig nahe aneinander liegen. Erstmals im Juli 1832, wie der Philatelist Mario Celso Orsi Jr. schreibt. Da Nova Monteiro in Administrações e Agencias Postaes do Brasil Imperio (Brasil Filatelico/RJ, 1934-5; Reprint SPP 1994-1999) dafür den September 1832 angibt, könnte letztes das Datum der Inbetriebnahme der Agentur sein. Da das Postamt im kaiserichen Postführer (Guia Postal do Imperio, Rio de Janeiro, 1880) aufgelistet wurde und ein weiteres Gründungsdatum aus dem Jahr 1881 im Verzeichnis der kaiserlichen Postämter (Tabella das Agencias do Correio do Imperio, Rio de Janeiro, 1885) vorliegt, könnte es um 1879-1880 geschlossen gewesen sein.

Der älteste Poststempel ist APR-0010a, der zwischen 1843 und mindestens1866 nachgewiesen und bereits durch R. Koester in Carimbologia I vorgestellt wurde:

APR-0010a (RK) 1843ff-1866ff

Ihm folgte APR-0010b (Abb. aus dem Internet), der für den Zeitraum 1877-1896 auch in den Farben Blau und Violett gefunden wurde, wobei Koester (op.cit.) vermutet, dass dort zwischendurch ein weiterer Poststempel im Umlauf war. Er ist ein schlichter Doppelkreis it der Inschrift ANTONINA oben.

Ein stummer Poststempel – der auch in anderen Städter der Provinz anzutreffen war – war dort zwischen 1879 und mindestens 1883 verwendet. Er ist durch P. Ayres (Catálogo de Carimbos Brasil-Império, S. Paulo, 1937, 1942) unter der Nr. 783 bekannt und kommt ebenfalls in Blau und Violett vor:

1879-1883ff (P.A. 783)

Zwei weitere Poststempel mit Buchstaben wurden für Antonina gefunden. Erstens die Nr. 241 in Mute Cancellations of the Brazil Empire/ Carimbos Mudos do Brasil Império (Brazil Philatelic Association, Rio de Janeiro, 2000) von J. Dingler und Klerman Lopes :

BPA 241

Dann der rätselhafte PP-Stempel, der möglicherweise Provincia do Paraná abkürzt, wie uns Mario Celso Orsi Jr. zeigt :

(MO)
Categories
Carimbologia A-B

Anta (train station/Bahnhof), Rio de Janeiro (ARJ-0040)

Almanak Laemmert 1892

Anta (Tapir) station was inaugurated in December 1875 by the E.F. Dom Pedro II railway company (Porto Novo Branch) and was located on the south bank of the Paraíba do Sul river in the Município of Sapucaia, 150 km north of the capital Rio de Janeiro. The railway line went to E.F. Central do Brasil in 1890 and to E.F. Leopoldina in 1965; from 1976 until its closure in 1997, it belonged to Rede Ferroviária Federal S.A. (estacoesferroviarias.com.br).

2010 (Photo: Gutierrez Coelho in estacoesferroviarias.com.br)

Today the railway tracks have disappeared and the station building serves as a cultural centre:

Casa da Cultura

The station post office also came into being in 1875, according to the Directory of Imperial Post Offices (Tabella das Agencias do Correio do Imperio, Rio de Janeiro, 1885). The first postmark is ARJ-0040a; it was used at least until 1883, also occurs in blue and was already presented by Paulo Ayres in Catálogo de Carimbos Brasil-Império (S. Paulo, 1937, 1942) under no. 1201:

ARJ-0040a (P.A. 1201)

Its two successors are double circles, also appearing in blue: ARJ-0040b (Coll. Roberto Assef Jr:) has the inscription E. DE ANTA at the top, the dates in the middle go from 1883 to 1888. ARJ-0040c (Image RHM) has as the inscription above EST. DE ANTA, there is an ornament below that resembles a small circle with two ears. Its internal dates go from 1888 to 1890. ARJ-0040d was also made known by Paulo Ayres (op. cit.):

ARJ-0040d (P.A. p. 144)

The following postmark is ARJ-0040e (agenciaspostais.com.br): a double circle with the inscription ANTA above and an ornament in X below. The inner dates already indicate the Republic: 1890 and 1891.

James Dingler and Klerman W. Lopes showed two mute cancellations from this station post office in Mute Cancellations of the Brazil Empire / Carimbos Mudos do Brasil Império, (Brazil Philatelic Association, Rio de Janeiro, 2000):

BPA 444 – 447 (P.A. 67)
Est. Ferroviarias de Rio de Janeiro, S. Paulo e Minas Geraes, 1880

Der Bahnhof Anta (Tapir) wurde im Dezember 1875 durch die E.F. Dom Pedro II Bahngesellschaft (Porto Novo-Abzweigung) eingeweiht und lag am Südufer des Flusses Paraíba do Sul im Município von Sapucaia, 150 km nördlich der Hauptstadt Rio de Janeiro entfernt. Die Bahnlinie ging 1890 zur E.F. Central do Brasil und 1965 zur E.F. Leopoldina; von 1976 bis zur Stilllegung 1997 gehörte sie der Rede Ferroviária Federal S.A. (estacoesferroviarias.com.br).

2010 (Foto: Gutierrez Coelho in estacoesferroviarias.com.br)

Heute sind die Bahnschienen weg, und das Bahnhofsgebäude dient als ein Kulturzentrum:

Casa da Cultura

Das Bahnhofspostamt entstand ebenfalls 1875, wie im Verzeichnis der kaiserlichen Postämter (Tabella das Agencias do Correio do Imperio, Rio de Janeiro, 1885) zu lesen ist. Der erste Poststempel ist ARJ-0040a; er wurde mindestens bis 1883 verwendet, kommt auch in Blau vor und wurde bereits durch Paulo Ayres in Catálogo de Carimbos Brasil-Império (S. Paulo, 1937, 1942) unter Nr. 1201 vorgestellt:

ARJ-0040a (P.A. 1201)

Seine beiden Nachfolger sind Doppelkreise, die auch in blau erscheinen: ARJ-0040b (Samml. Roberto Assef Jr:) hat oben die Inschrift E. DE ANTA, die Daten in der Mitte gehen von 1883 bis 1888. ARJ-0040c (Abb. RHM) hat als obige Inschrift EST. DE ANTA, unten ist ein Ornament, das wie ein kleiner Kreis mit zwei Ohren aussieht. Seine inneren Daten gehen von 1888 bis 1890. ARJ-0040d wurde auch durch Paulo Ayres (op. cit.) bekannt gemacht:

ARJ-0040d (P.A. S. 144)

Der folgende Poststempel ist ARJ-0040e (agenciaspostais.com.br): ein Doppelkreis mit der Inschrift ANTA oben und einem Ornament in X unten. Die inneren Daten weisen bereits auf die Republik hin: 1890 und 1891.

James Dingler und Klerman W. Lopes zeigten in Mute Cancellations of the Brazil Empire / Carimbos Mudos do Brasil Império, (Brazil Philatelic Association, Rio de Janeiro, 2000) zwei stumme Abstempelungen aus diesem Bahnhofspostamt:

BPA 444 – 447 (P.A. 67)